Sunday, March 27, 2011

Night

Night


Lines on my palms,
The stories of my life,
The creases where my fingers fold,
So I can hold your hand tight.

The moon was bright,
But only half full,
I feel a bit like that half full moon,
Like I'm missing something.

It's you,
If only you would see!
I want to wander secret paths unknown to others with you,
Find strange creatures in lands forgotten.

I want to lay next to you under the willow tree,
Listen to the night,
Crickets and frogs play their lovely songs,
Sing along with them.

I want to look at you and know you're mine,
I want you to look at me and know I'm yours,
I want you to whisper gently in my ear,
Just how much you care.

To feel you next to me,
Laying beside me,
Your warmth,
Your scent.

The night plays tricks on my eyes,
Like an optical illusion,
I will think about you,
Dream of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment